- JAMES SUNDQUIST LETTER TO JOHN MCCAIN'S NORTH PHOENIX BAPTIST
CHURCH REGARDING PROMOTION OF RICK WARREN'S SHAPE DISCOVERY
- August 18, 2008
- Dear Senior Pastor Dan Yeary & Members of North Phoenix
- Noting that your church conducts Rick Warren's SHAPE DISCOVERY
CLASSES, where President Candidate John McCain attends, I invite
you to consider my update on Rick Warren's 40 Days of Purpose
and teachings. (I have now written two books on Rick Warren
published by Southwest Radio Church, America's oldest conservative
biblical radio ministry). I continue to get SOS calls and emails
from saints all over the world who have been dismembered by the
propeller of Rick Warren's teachings, principles, and copy-cats
of his programs and expulsions for non-compliance. Many of us
are trying to pick of up the pieces of these shattered saints.
I can only hope and pray that your leaders are simply not aware
of the following revelations regarding Rick Warren. Watchman
on the Wall national radio broadcast aired three days of exposing
Rick Warren's false teachings on August 13-15 which was heard
in Phoenix on KXXT Radio, but is still archived on Southwest
Radio Church website at: http://www.swrc.com/ministry/schedule/schedule.html
. I was a guest on August 14, but am a regular guest on this
show, with updates on Rick Warren. Hopefully some of you heard
these broadcasts in order to warn your congregation and reconsider
conducting his teachings at your church.
- My documentary which exposes the Carl Jung occultic roots
of Warren's SHAPE Personality Profiling was also published in
the Journal of Apologetics, September 2007.
- What follows is my update and summary on my two books on
Rick Warren published by Southwest Radio Church.
- RICK WARREN HAS DEVISED A REDEFINED CHURCH THAT CAN BE MARKETED
TO THE WORLD BUT WHICH IS NOT FAITHFUL TO THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH,
- BIBLICAL OBJECTIONS TO RICK WARREN'S TEACHINGS
- By James Sundquist Director Rock Salt Publishing
- 1. He makes a host of statements in his PDL book that he
says are in the Bible...that is, in fact, in NO BIBLE or translation
that even he promotes. My wife is not a Bible scholar, but does
go through the Bible once a year...at least ten years. So when
she read Warren's PDL book, without even checking the citations,
she was able to say time after time regarding Warren's statements:
"That's not in there" (the Bible), "That's not
in there", "That's not in there". etc. Of course
I knew this too. But when I wrote my first book on Rick Warren,
I did go check the citations.
- 2. He promotes a host of false translations. See my first
book and first Powerpoint presentation.
- 3. He promote a host of false teachers. BIRDS OF A FEATHER:
- ALPHA COURSE:
- And here is my friend and colleague Roger Oakland's commentary
on the Alpha Course Church: http://www.understandthetimes.org/commentary/c15.shtml
- A colleague of mine wrote a massive documentary on the Alpha
Course. It is an equivalent nightmare to Warren's PDC with many
overlapping philosophies and false teachings and teachers promoted.
- As I proved in my book, Rick Warren also promotes the Alpha
- To meet Indias hunger for the gospel, Alpha India has
created an exciting partnership with the Billy Graham Evangelistic
Association, Rick Warrens Purpose Driven organization and
Campus Crusade. These organizations are working together on an
outreach programme called My Hope India to introduce the Indian
people to Jesus and disciple them in the Christian faith.
- Alpha is one of the most effective evangelism tools
for the 21st century. It can be used with people who have absolutely
no religious background at all. It can be used with seekers or
enquirers. It is a good way to bring people to a small group
study who would never be caught dead in a church theyll
take that first step, theyll sit on a couch with some friends
and examine the claims of Christ and what is really does mean
to be a follower of Jesus. Dr. Rick Warren, Pastor, Saddleback
Church & author, The Purpose Driven Life
- One of the most extensive and comprehensive documentaries
on the Alpha Course is entitled:
- Alpha - the Unofficial Guide WORLD. It is written by Dusty
Peterson and Elizabeth McDonald.
- It is available at: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~emcd/index.htm
- ALPHA COURSE ROOTS COLOR CHART: (I use this in my lectures
comparing Rick Warren to Alpha)
- Link data for chart depicting roots of Alpha Course:http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/%7Eemcd/index31.htm
- THE ALPHA COURSE FINAL ANSWER OR FATAL ATTRACTION?
- by G. Richard Fisher
- ALPHA ENDORSERS posted by Take Heed Ministries in Ireland:
- 4. He redefines Christianity. See my friend and colleague
Pastor Bob DeWaay's new book: Redefining Christianity - Understanding
the Purpose Driven Movement http://cicministry.org/store.php
- 5. Rick Warren's forced covenants put us right back under
the law, the very thing that the Apostle Paul condemned in Galatians.
This will enable you to reject Rick Warren's 40 Days of Purpose
and his Purpose Driven Life book before you even get to his 40
Days in his book. See my Part I of my Powerpoint presentation
- 6. Warren's SHAPE Personality Temperament Profiling divination
(aka SHAPE DISCOVERY CLASS 301) is based on the occultic teachings
of Carl Jung. Proof:
- Who's Driving the Purpose Driven Church, Chapter 11, Personality
Profiling by James Sundquist http://www.galaxie.com/article.php?article_id=3191
- 7. His Global Peace Plan includes Muslims. See Chapter
Seven in my new book Rick Warren's Global Peace Plan vs. Scripture.
Available at Southwest Radio in print and online at:
- ISLAMIC JESUS VS. BIBLICAL JESUS
- article by James Sundquist:
- [verified by a number of Islamic Scholars [former Muslims]
who are now Christians]
- CAN A MUSLIM BE A GOOD AMERICAN?
- Can a good Muslim be a good American? I forwarded that question
to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
- The following is his forwarded reply:
- Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the
moon God of Arabia.
- Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by
his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
- Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five
pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
- Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca ,
to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
- Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him
to make friends with Christians or Jews.
- Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual
leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of
America, the great Satan.
- Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four
women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran
- Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American
Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he
believes the Bible to be corrupt.
- Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran
do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and
Islam cannot coexist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial
- Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation
under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while
Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever
called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
- Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we
should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They
obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.
Call it what you wish....it's still the truth. You had better
- If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the
above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends.
The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country
and our future.
- The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
- So, do you feel lucky today? Vote for a Muslim or Muslim
sympathizer for Congress or President, where they will have access
to issues of our national security and intelligence which they
can then pass on to their Imam who will then funnel it to Islamic
terrorists. What good will a wall across our entire border with
Mexico do when we vote them into office 8. He is a destroyer
of the brethren and countries and then lies about it:
- Regarding a recent statement attributed to Kay Warren below,
someone please ask Gene Dahler (at Saddleback) and Kay Warren
to name names (me, Warren Smith, Deborah Dombroski, Trayce &
Ray Gano, Zeph Daniels, Paul Proctor, Jacob Prasch, Pastor Bob
DeWaay, Dr. Robert Klenck, Evangelist Loren Davis [who is still
picking of up the pieces of the brother and countries in Africa
that Warren has destroyed], former Catholic Priest Richard Bennett
who helped expose his Roman Catholic unholy alliances, Dean Gotcher,
Roger Oakland, Mac Dominick, Christ Carmichael, David Bay, etc.),
as Scripture requires. Ask her produce anywhere in my two books
on Warren where I have born false witness against him. I have
gotten a host of similar attacks by Warrenite pastors and followers
for a number of years. And to date, they have produced ZERO
evidence that I have slandered him!
- KAY WARREN:
- "I recently heard Kay Warren whining and crying on the
("Christian") Paul McGuire Radio Show at KBRT, 740
AM, Crawford Broadcasting, Catalina, Ca.. She told everyone
about the hateful, evil, mean spirited, demonic people who say
such awful, nasty, terrible, and derogatory things about "her
Rick and their Church", (they are so hateful, they must
work for Satan.)"
- Only a fool makes up his mind before hearing both sides of
the story. KBRT wants to censor all opposition to ensure that
you never hear the other side of the story, including the accounts
of Warren's victims all over the world! You have now heard the
tears of Kay Warren regarding opposition to Rick Warren. I now
invite you to hear the tears of the victims of a host of churches
who have been evicted for opposing his programs whom he calls
"resisters". Who is going to comfort them? Who is
going to comfort them on KBRT? Certainly not Paul McGuire or
its owner Crawford.
- But take heart, there are more and more saints and victims
that see the Emperor's New PDC garments and the fraud of his
Global Peace Plan! KBRT has clearly become PURPOSE-DRIVEN PRAVDA!
******* SPIRITUAL EUTHANASIA
- A PARABLE OF THE PURPOSE DRIVEN CHURCH
- PURPOSE DRIVEN CHRISTIANITY....A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT UNTO
MAN, OR WHO'S END IS DESTRUCTION?
- "First they came for resisters and pillars
of Brunswick Reformed Church, Brunswick, Ohio because they opposed
Purpose Driven Life and Church, but I didn't speak up because
I was not a member of Reformed Church of American (RCA) denomination.
Then they came after a lady who was an elder lady in the faith
who had been with the First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas since
1956 by shouting her down with spiritual euthanasia and aggressive
mean- spirited behavior, and the intimidation of seven attorneys,
because she opposed them turning their landmark Criswell Center
into a Purpose Driven entertainment center. But I did not speak
up because I was not a widow.
- Then they held a trial for two families at Valley Baptist
Church in Lakeland, Minnesota, but I didn't speak up because
I was not a member of the General Baptist Convention. Then they
came after 165 members of Gardendale Baptist Church, Corpus Christi,
Texas and ran them out of the church, but I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a Southern Baptist. Then a brother did finally speak
up and tried to warn Eugene Christian Fellowship because they
had gone Purpose Driven, but they threatened legal action and
told him to stop spamming them. But I did not speak up for fear
of being accused of spamming or being sued by a church.
- Then a news reporter for a large Christian radio network
sounded the alarm on His Holy Hill of this clear and present
danger. They ran the story, but received more gnashing of teeth
from callers then they had ever had, so they censored this story
from their Agape Press print media news service.
- Then still another brother on another Christian radio ministry
broadcast testimonies of Christians thrown out of their churches
across the country, but the network threatened to remove his
show from the air, if another broadcast was ever made that said
anything bad about Rick Warren. But I did not speak up because
I had friends and family who were either employed by an organization
that promoted Purpose Driven Church, or were in Purpose Driven
Church, and I did not want to lose those relationships.
- Then they came after a large group of members at New Hope
Church in Bend, Oregon. But I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a member of The Evangelical Church denomination or the National
Association of Evangelicals. Then they came after a carpenter
and his wife at Calvary Community Church in Phoenix, Arizona
with the police and a sheriff and escorted him out of the church
and off of the grounds for trying to expose the deeds of darkness
and the teachings of Rick Warren, telling him that if he returned,
he would be arrested. But I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a member of the Calvary Chapel denomination. Then they came for
me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me,
because every church in the nation had become Purpose Driven
and part of his Global PEACE Plan."
- Compiled and Adapted by James Sundquist
- Based on Rev. Martin Neimoeller's Poem below written in 1945
- (c)2005 Rock Salt Publishing Used by Permission
- "In Germany, the Nazis first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
- Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a Jew.
- Then they came for the trade unionists, but I didn't speak
up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
- Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because
I was a Protestant.
- Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one
left to speak for me."
- (Rev. Martin Neimoeller, German Lutheran Pastor. Rev. Neimoeller
was arrested by the Gestapo for opposing Hitler and was sent
to Dachau in 1938. He was freed by Allied forces in 1945.)
- Spiritual Euthanasia
- 1. Pastor Dave Hawk, Brunswick Reformed Church, Brunswick,
Ohio website: www.b-r-c.org. Incidents occurred with Susan Anderson
April- June 2001. Testimony reconfirmed by email from Susan
- 2. Confirmed by the testimony of Betty Erwin on Southwest
Radio Church archived broadcast: March 1, 2005, see and hear
at: http://www.swrc.com/broadcasts/2005/march.htm and by 11/07,
11/11, 11/24, 2004 and 1/6 2005 letters by Betty Erwin to Mr.
& Mrs. Brunson and another former pastor at Dallas First
Baptist Church, and telephone interview March 2005.
- 3. Pastor Rev. Timothy S Magnuson,Valley Baptist Church
in Lakeland, Minnesota. Tel 651-436-5278.
- Verified by letters from church and the families of Keith
Thompson and Charles Thompson. Centered around October 22, 2002
- 4. Pastor Micah Davison, Gardendale Baptist Church,
Corpus Christi, Texas. Gardendale Baptist Church
- 5633 S Staples St., Corpus Christi, TX 78411-4646 Phone:
(361) 991-0285. Website:http://www.gardendale.org/.
- 165 members ousted on July 21, 2004:
- 5. Pastor Gary Clark, Eugene Christian Fellowship, 89780
N. Game Farm Rd.,Eugene, OR 97408
- Source: http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=18997,
and Corpus Christi Times: Margaret Neu Information Services Editor,
Corpus Christi Caller-Times, P. O. Box 9136, Corpus Christi,
TX 78469 email@example.com 361-886-4312
- Testimonies of ousted members Piedad Ymbert, B.J. Moore,
Grady Jackson, available on September 2004 archived realaudio
files on Southwest Radio Church at swrc.com, archived, September
2004 at: http://www.swrc.com/broadcasts/2003/september.htm ,
and letters, Rick Hudson emails and telephone interviews, September/
- Sundquist, James. Who's Driving the Purpose Driven Church?
Bible Belt Publishing, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 2004. pp. 193-194.
- Website: http://www.ecf.org/Content/ContentCT.asp? P=22
- Confirmed in letters from and correspondence with Eugene
Christian Fellowship leaders: Tim Reich, Executive Pastor Jonathan
Hatmaker, Discovery 301 Class (SHAPE), Mark Harpham, November
- 6. American Family Radio News, 107 Parkgate Dr. Tupelo,
MS 38801. (662) 844-8888 Radio news segment ran February 15,
- 7. Source: Regarding Watchman on the Wall radio show....Prophetic
Observer, February and March Issues, Southwest Radio Church.
Southwest Radio Church, PO Box 100, Bethany, OK 73008 WATS
Line: 800-652-1144, Local Phone: 405-789-1222, FAX: 405-787-2589,
- 8. Sr. Pastor Randy Myers, New Hope Church, 20080 Pinebrook
Blvd., Bend, Oregon 97702. Tel (541)389-3436 20080. Website:
http://www.newhopeonline.net Correspondence with Pastors Josh
Conn (2/03/2005-2/23/2005 and William Vermillion, The Evangelical
Church denomination, an NAE affiliate: 2/26/2005-3/12/2005
- 9. Pastor Mark Martin, Calvary Community Church, 12612
N. Black Canyon Hwy.,Phoenix, Arizona 85029. Tel. Phone: (602)
973-4768. Toll Free: (888) 970-3030. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRESS RELEASE LOCATION: GREATER PHOENIX, AZ, U.S.A. OCTOBER
11, 2006 JAMES SUNDQUIST ROCK SALT PUBLISHING
- POLICE REMOVE PURPOSE-DRIVEN CHRISTIAN PROTESTER FROM PUBLIC
PROPERTY WHO WAS PICKETING LEE MCFARLAND'S ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH
- A Christian advocate and opponent, opposing Rick Warren's
Purpose- Driven teachings, was forced by the Surprise, Arizona
Police to evacuate the PUBLIC PROPERTY in front of Pastor Lee
McFarland's, Radiant Church Assembly of God church in Surprise,
Arizona. Lee McFarland is a top lieutenant in Rick Warren's
Global Peace Plan who just returned from the Far East on an extensive
tour with him. Radiant Church called the police on Bear Frankson
who was preaching against Purpose-Driven teachings on public
property, exercising his U.S. Constitutional right of FREE SPEECH.
The police arrived and Mr. Bear had done his homework. He had
gone to the city and obtained the plot map of Surprise, Arizona
property boundaries of private vs. public property and even measured
the distance the law allowed him to speak. Mr. Bear provided
evidence to the police who subsequently told him he was not in
any violation of the law and was not trespassing private property.
However, on the evening of October 7, Mr. Bear showed up again
on public property in front of Radiant Church which is Purpose-Driven
waving the billboard poster placard which read:
- Who's Driving the Purpose Driven Church? That They Would
Choose To Be Deceived on Purpose Which Results In A Time of Departing
- Pastor Lee McFarland's church called the police again. This
time three police cruisers and one police van showed up. Mr.
Bear was not in any violation of the law again. But this time
the police told him if he did not leave the PUBLIC PROPERTY he
would be arrested. The excuse that the sergeant gave Mr. Bear
was that the traffic cop from El Mirage Police Department could
not do his job because two rubber- neckers were looking at Mr.
Bear and were distracted. So Mr. Bear left, but has indicated
that he shall return!
- SOURCE: http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/False-Teachers.html
- WARRENGATE SCANDAL:
- COMMENTARY ON WALL STREET JOURNAL & BAPTIST PRESS ARTICLE
ON RICK WARREN
- Without directly accusing Rick Warren of lying, Suzanne Sataline,
author of the September 5, 2006 Wall Street Journal article:
A Popular Strategy For Church Growth Splits Congregants, astutely
revealed him to be one when Warren says he opposes any efforts
to expel members from churches who won't comply with his programs,
then she describes Dan Southerland's Church Transitions organization,
one of Rick Warren major global partners and quotes by their
spokespersons Roddy Clyde and Glen Sartain prove that Rick Warren
does promote those very efforts to expel members from churches.
The WSJ article even backed it up by documenting that Church
Transitions conducted their program right at Warren's Saddleback
Church, making it impossible for him to squirm out of it or say
that it happened at another church...so therefore not his fault.
And I can back it up too because I have tapes of Warren's PDC
Conference leaders in Nairobi Kenya, confirming their alliance
with Church Transitions in Warren's Global Peace Plan. I can't
even believe he would make such an audacious statement that can
be so easily refuted when he trains 400,000 pastors all over
the world how to do precisely just that when dealing with his
"resisters" and those who "must die". Suzanne
Sataline caught Rick Warren red-handed! Good job! A further note
in the Baptist Press article that there was not an ounce of compassion
for any of the victims of Rick Warren's programs as though they
had no biblical grounds for their opposition. Also note that
they tried to contact Warren and the Wall Street Journal, but
no record of contacting any of the victims to verify their story.
This is the same stunt that Baptist Press pulled when covering
the story on 165 members being ousted from Gardendale Baptist
Church in Corpus Christi, Texas, as though they deserved it.
When the reality is that BP did not even mention the real reason,
and that was they opposed their church being hijacked by Rick
Warren's Purpose Driven programs and teachings.
- From Rick Warren's own website pastors.com:
- go to "Transitioning Churches", then to "Step
6, Dealing with Opposition". When you are there, you will
find one post after another from pastors or lay people to the
same. It is full of the purpose driven folks telling others how
to deal with opposition or resistors from getting them 'out of
the gate' to 'shooting the wolves'. Yes, you heard me right...shooting
the wolves. In fact there are many, many threads dealing with
transitioning...read all you can stand to read in order to get
a thorough understanding of what is going on in the churches.
Dan Southerland responds himself as does Glen Sartain, and others
with Transitioning, Inc. I have an example right here: ___________________________________
- Originally posted by: beachpreach: "It takes time, but
once you've built a solid leadership team and have a few wolf
killings under your belt, you learn to act swiftly the next time
- The reply: "I had to learn this the hard way without
any leadership team. The wolf-killing got done, I've got the
scars to prove it. But, I LEARNED! and indeed, next time I will
- _ ___________________________________
- They are talking about how to get rid of resistors or opposition,
which is what most of you are.
- Please go to this website and read. And read. And read. There
are many subjects here all relating to the purpose driven movement.
Transitioning is your game however. Read.
- SOURCE: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=36564514&postID=116953936305269539
One more current example which is consistent with the advice
given above on Rick Warren's Pastors.com website:
- Senior Pastor Lynn Kent of Greater Portland Bible Church
who had completely transformed to a PDC church, whose church
recently promoted a conference in Portland, Oregon with Rick
Warren's North American Global Peace Plan Director as featured
speaker, has now taken over Maranatha Bible Chapel (Christian
& Missionary Alliance) in Horseheads, NY, and just fired
their beloved music director after giving him an ultimatum to
comply with PDC transition transformation which he refused.
This pastor has now destroyed a brother!!! The elders had
a meeting with the choir, informed them...half walked in the
middle of the meeting...the rest are madder than a wet hornet.
Lynn Kent is an interim pastor at this church. So I hope the
whole country takes warning of what could be in store for them
if he ever becomes "Interim" Pastor of their church.
Can't help but also wonder what is in store for resisters when
the permanent pastor is installed. Lynn Kent has now about to
become a national poster-child for how to destroy a brother.
So you better put on the full armor of God, for PDC and Corporatization
is coming to your church, denomination, and village, if it has
not already taken it over!
- 9. He promotes Mysticism (one of the reasons Chuck Smith,
the leader of Calvary Chapels has pulled Warren's books).
- See Lighthouse Trails website: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/warren.htm
He lied about its Director Deborah Dombrowski too.
- Also see Brian Flynn's DVD Be Still and Know...that you are
being deceived, Bob DeWaay's :Dangers of Mysticism and the New
Spirituality at: http://www.onetruthministries.com/, Chapter
8 of the 2nd edition of Ray Yungen's A Time of Departing which
is a critique of Rick Warren's promotion of Richard Foster and
the spiritual formation movement (i.e., contemplative or mysticism),
and Roger Oakland's Another Jesus, which will be out soon and
his new book on the emerging church, Faith Undone. It is a summer
release, but it will be back from the printers in June.www.lighthousetrails.com/faithundone.htm.
- Also Deceived on Purpose by Warren Smith. Available online
- 10. He teaches a New Age Gospel. See Paul Proctor's commentary
on Warren's Ladies Home Journal column: http://www.newswithviews.com/PaulProctor/proctor66.htm
- Also see my second book on his promotion of Ken Blanchard
and my second Powerpoint on his voting for a August Turak New
Ager for Grand Prize in the Power of Purpose Awards.
- Now this is just the tip of the iceberg. He was also caught
lying by Worldnet Daily author Joseph Farah several articles
on Rick Warren: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53048
- Berit Kjos' articles such as Treason in the Church: http://www.cuttingedge.org/articles/db079.htm
VCYAMERICA has also publicly called Warren's actions treasonous.
- 11. In several years, I have received a number of emails
accusing me of slandering a brother (Rick Warren) from PDC pastors
and followers. But to date, no proof and no reasoning from Scripture
to prove our allegations false.
- 12. Hope this will help prove that Rick Warren is a false
teacher. But if you give me your address, I will send you both
of my books exposing him.
- 13. I could have folded this into false teachers that Warren
promotes...but his developing a purpose-driven book and curriculum
for Roman Catholics is a major issue. RC is a pagan religion
of Necromancy...for starters. I also address this in my second
book on Warren.
- Ask former Roman Catholic priest Richard Bennett what he
thinks of Warren's teachings:
- 14. Rick Warren is a major endorser and promoter of Brennan
Manning as is Nyack College. I appealed to Rev. Mapstone who
is the Director of the organization that engineered Manning speaking
at the conference in Florida under CMA auspices. He has not
responded. To date, they have not withdrawn their invitation.
I certainly can't stop it. But I am periodically on a number
of national Christian ministry radio programs where I can make
this known as well as the C&MA's refusal to block this.
I also write for a number of discernment ministry journals and
newsletters. So, I will do what I can to warn the saints about
what the C&MA has embarked upon with both Manning and Warren.
- CONCLUSION & WARNING:
- In almost every public appearance (99.9%) the true Gospel
is missing, and the PDL or his false P.E.A.C.E. is elevated to
- As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach
any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him
be accursed. (Galatians 1:9 KJV)
- Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not
to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34 KJV)
- Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell
you, Nay; but rather division: (Luke 12:51 KJV) (Warren hates
doctrine, it divides the light from the darkness and he serves
- His unholy alliances are many IE: He is a CFR member, Bedfellows
with Bono, promotes One.org, he readily accepted in hate filled
countries by hate filled dignitaries such as Syria, and North
Korea as well others; and the list goes on and on. In fact the
only real enemy that Warren speaks about is Bible Believing Born
Again Christians (Fundamentalists) in his opinion they are the
worst enemies of the 21st century!
- Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship
of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be
a friend of the world is the enemy of God. (James 4:4 KJV)
- Abstain from all appearance of evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:22
- Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for
what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And
what communion hath light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14
- And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,
but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:11 KJV)
- For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction
cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they
shall not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3 KJV)
- We know that we have passed from death unto life, because
we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth
in death. (1 John 3:14 KJV)
- If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine,
receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
(2 John 1:10-11 KJV)
- On a final note, on August 23, 2008, Rick Warren asked both
Presidential Candidates John McCain (member of North Phoenix
Baptist Church) and Senator Obama this question at his national
- "What should the U.S. do to end religious persecution?"
- I was just staggered at the audacity of that question in
light of the host of churches destroyed and dismembered by Rick
Warren's Purpose Driven Church teachings and his global blueprint
for "resisters" and Christian Fundamentalists (which
is what I had thought North Phoenix Baptist Church was) whom
he calls "enemies of the 21st Century", who oppose
his PDC agenda, as documented in the above Spiritual Euthanasia
article. The question we must pose to all true Christians in
the U.S., and around the world should be:
- "What can the church do to end religious persecution
by Rick Warren and his Purpose Driven hostile takeovers of many
- I have enclosed my response letter to Rick Warren why I would
not attend his PDC Conference. I further pray that you will
take heed of this warning in light of this Scripture, if you
truly fear the Lord:
- 2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine,
receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
- 2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of
his evil deeds
- I hope this gives you a broad and clear picture of what is
really going on with Rick Warren's agenda. I appeal to you to
publicly mark and expose Rick Warren to your fellow church members,
including Senator John McCain [which I will also do] and will
immediately banish all Rick Warren's books, programs and teachings
from your church, as Chuck Smith did with Calvary Chapels throughout
the U.S. I also hope and pray that you will reach out with compassion
to Purpose Driven victims such as Gardendale Baptist Church in
Corpus Christi, Texas, and victims outlined in this document
right in Phoenix
- I await your prompt response before our next national radio
broadcast(s) and news release we regularly send to thousands
of Christian media and secular media contacts.
- Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
- Sincerely in Christ,
- James Sundquist Director Rock Salt Publishing http://rock-to-salt.cephasministry.com/
- May 20, 2008
- Open Letter and James Sundquist Response to Rick Warren and
- Dear Rick Warren & Erik Rees,
- I am in receipt of both of your invitations to your May 20-22,
2008 PDC Conference, enclosed at the end of this letter. I am
compelled to respond after praying and seeking the multitude
of Godly counsel. I was a little surprised to finally hear from
you years after I first confronted you by email but never heard
back from you, or any time since both of my books on you were
published. I was further surprised that you would send an invitation
with such short notice to plan a trip there. You have required
that I remain silent for three days before I am allowed to speak.
The Apostle Paul did not teach that we are required to remain
silent if what we are presented with is false teaching. I am
further surprised at this invitation because from your own lips
you stated that you did not respond to detractors. You also
would have to consider me a 21st Century enemy, since I am what
you call a Fundamentalist Christian. If I am the false teacher,
then you need to expose and rebuke me publicly before your church,
this conference, and the church at large.
- But your must refute me from Scripture. You have invoked
Matthew 5:44-46, positioning yourself as the victim being persecuted.
You have rendered me the enemy with this quote. The Apostle
Peter says it is of no credit if you are being persecuted and
deserve the persecution. Which one of the Apostles and Prophets
of old have ever presented the demon-possessed, the demonically-inspired,
the homosexual activist, the atheist, the spiritists, the mystics,
and the necromancers favorably to the people, as you have done
inside as well as outside of your Purpose Driven Life book?
The answer: none of them. And when did Jesus teach his Disciples
to do anything like that? Same question applies to your interview
with Charlie Rose, August 17, 2006, when you said you told Eric
Sawyer, gay activist leader: "how can I help you get your
message out?" And yet you invite Senator Obama to speak
at your church, who celebrates and now endorses the California
Supreme Court Decision making gay marriage legal, above the Word
of the Living God. You have put the church in great peril by
both your actions and appearance of evil. Jesus and his Apostles
would never have countenanced your promotion of such an abomination.
In your USA Today Interview 7/21/03, you stated that Mormonism
was just another Christian denomination rather than a false religion,
in which Mormon Doctrine, Jesus has a brother named Lucifer,
easily refuted by John 3:16 which states that Jesus is the ONLY
- One of their baptism songs teach that you go back to be with
God. Your gospel presented in the Ladies Home Journal is not
The Gospel but another gospel! Former Roman Catholic priest Richard
Bennett has proven that your Roman Catholic Purpose Driven teachings
are apostate. The Apostle Paul preached Christ crucified in
synagogues. Rick Warren preaches no gospel in synagogues.
- You state that I do not know your motivation. To a great
extent that is not relevant. I do not even now you personally;
it is your teaching that I oppose publicly, for your teachings
are public and damnable heresies! And a good tree does not produce
- If you have read either of my books: Who's Driving the Purpose
Driven Church or Rick Warren's Global Peace Plan vs. Scriptural
Teachings on Peace about you, which are published by Southwest
Radio Church, you would know what my motivations are, and that
is to compare your teachings to Scripture as every good Berean
must do, as well as to help bring the Balm of Gilead to the wounded
saints in response to the host of calls and letters I continue
to receive from churches throughout the world who have been split
or destroyed by your teachings and unbiblical enforced covenants
you have implemented.
- I am perfectly ready and eager to meet with you publicly
when I have received a letter on your letterhead that you are
ready to repent publicly before your own congregation and the
church at large for your extensive false teachings. Your letter
must include making restitution to all of those saints whom you
have left strewn and dismembered by the propeller of your Purpose-Driven
Ship, and renounce your Jung-rooted occult-based Personality
Profiling. Upon receipt of this letter,I will then stand with
you before the public and rejoice with you. You should also
go on Fox News and renounce the infomercials they have run in
- Speaking of invitations, I invite you and the members of
your church to read my articles on your SHAPE program published
- Sept 2007 Journal of Apologetics: Vol 10, California Biblical
University and Seminary P.O. Box 7447, Orange, CA 92863, 1-800-41-TRUTH
(1-800-418-7884) / http://www.cbusedu.org
- A Critique of the Purpose-Driven Life, Part I & II, The
Conservative Theological Journal Volume 9, No. 27, and Volume
9 no. 28, August, Sept, 2005, Tyndale Theological Seminary, http://www.conservativeonline.org
- Listen to Dr. John MacArthur's Audio Sermon 3:14 minute excerpt
exposing the apostasy of Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life book:
- http://video.google.com/videoplay? docid=-7165432835843972696&q=purpose
- I am biblically justified and mandated to oppose you because
you are a wolf in sheep's clothing and a destroyer of the brethren,
masquerading as a servant of righteousness.
- Until the Lord grants you repentance, I am not willing to
attend your conference this week or any of your Global Peace
Plan training conferences, but will continue to oppose you by
speaking and preaching publicly in writing and on the various
national and international radio programs I frequent.
- These Scriptures will also confirm why I will not attend
your training conference: Ephesians 5:11 II John 10 Titus 3:10
Galatians Chapter One Book of Jude Sincerely in Christ, James
Sundquist Director Rock Salt Publishing http://rock-to-salt.cephasministry.com/
- OTHER SOURCES & AUTHORS WHO HAVE MARKED RICK WARREN AS
AN APOSTATE FALSE TEACHER (not exhaustive):
- Pastor Bob DeWaay Redefining Christianity, Understanding
the Purpose Driven Movement, http://www.cicstore.org/servlet/the-1/Redefining-Christianity--dsh--Understanding/Detail
- Warren Smith, Deceived on Purpose, http://www.eaec.org/bookstore/books/deceived_on_purpose.htm
Dr. Noah Hutchings, The Dark Side of the Purpose Driven Church,
Southwest Radio Church, swrc.com
- Tamara Hartzel, In the Name of Purpose, http://www.inthenameofpurpose.org/
- Loren Davis, The Purpose Driven Life is Unscriptural, http://www.lorendavis.com/articles_pdl-
- Roger Oakland, Faith Undone, Lighthousetrails.com
- David Cloud, Purpose Driven or Scripture Driven, http://www.wayoflife.org
(just released, not posted yet, but available)
- Lynn & Sarah Leslie, Susan J. Conway,Pied Pipers of Purpose,
- Lynn & Sarah Leslie, What is Transformation, http://www.newswithviews.com/Leslie/sarah.htm
- Berit Kjos, Spirit Led or Purpose Driven, www.crossroad.to/articles2/2003/1-purpose.htm
& Rick Warren's Peace Plan and UN Goal, www.crossroad.to/araticle2/05/peace-un-3.htm
- Jewel Grewe, Discernment Ministries, www.discernment-ministries.com/Purpose_Driven.pdf
- Dave Hunt & T.A. McMahon, Audio Critique: Purpose Driven
- Richard Bennett, The Adulation of Man in The Purpose Driven
Life, http://www.bereanbeacon.org/articles_pdf/ rick_warren_purpose_driven.pdf
- The Purpose Driven Life: Demeaning the Very Nature of God,
- Pastor Gary Gilley, The Purpose-Driven Life: An Evaluation
- Part 1, by Gary E. Gilley, www.svchapel.org/Resources/ Articles/read_articles.asp?ID=1
- Ray Yungen, A Time of Departing, Lighthousetrails.com Jacob
Prasch, Moriel Ministries, http://www.moriel.org/
- Philip Powell, Director, Contending Earnestly for the faith,
Australia, www.christian-witness.org/docs/ WarrenResources.doc
- Ken Silva, Director, Christian Research Net, http://christianresearchnetwork.com
- Paula (Qeylar) & Jason, Director, http://www.purposedrivel.com/
Susan Bertalotto, Simplicityinchrist.org
- James Clifton, http://purposedrivendrivel.blogspot.com/
- Sue Winter, Birds of a Feather, www.abrahamic-faith.com/James/BIRDSOFFEATHERPDF.pdf
- Mike Corley, Resisting The Purpose Driven,Published March
25th, 2008 by Editor in Purpose Driven, Resisting The Purpose
Driven on The Mike Corley Program